Commonwealth Avenue Mall Statue Lighting and Landscape Enhancement Project
The Commonwealth Avenue Mall is an allée of over 650 trees located in the heart of the City of Boston. The park is fondly referred to as the central boulevard of the Back Bay and connects the Public Garden to the Back Bay Fens. Inspired by Parisian Boulevards, the mall is a vital resource of beautiful large-scale shade trees, benches, walkways and sculptures that are enjoyed by millions of visitors every year.
• Design and install lighting for seven statues along the mall
• Enhance the landscape, walkways and turf surrounding the statues
• Enhance the beauty of each statue – repoint stonework and restore granite surrounds
• Utilize the latest, most energy efficient lighting technology
• Upgrade the existing electrical systems to support code requirements
• Increase safety and make the park more welcoming and enjoyable
The Friends has worked for over 30 year with the City of Boston as well as the Landmarks Commission to obtain the necessary approvals to make this project possible. Thanks to generous neighbors and other supporters, the Friends has raised over $500,00 an successfully celebrated the lighting of the Morison.