BREWER FOUNTAIN PLAZA RENOVATION
Brewer Fountain Plaza on Boston Common surrounds a one-of-a-kind bronze casting of a sculpture created for the 1855 World’s Fair in Paris that was donated to Boston by Beacon Hill merchant Gardner Brewer. It was installed on the Common near Beacon Street in 1868 and moved to its current location near Tremont and Park Streets in 1917.
Learn more about the Brewer Fountain Plaza Renovation here.
GEORGE ROBERT WHITE MEMORIAL FOUNTAIN RESTORATION
The George Robert White Memorial, locally referred to as The Angel, is for many residents and visitors a beloved symbol of the Boston Public Garden. Situated in the northwest corner of the Garden, the memorial space is a draw for quiet contemplation and a delightful discovery for park visitors who encounter the graceful and engaging angel figure for the first time.
Learn more about the George Robert White Memorial Fountain Restoration here.
BOYLSTON STREET BORDER RESTORATION
The Friends of the Public Garden is in the midst of a multi-year renewal of the landscape along the 900 foot Boylston Street border of the Public Garden. This border has seen many chapters in its history, and today serves as a naturalistic planted screen from the busy urban environment, offering protection as well as selected views out.
Learn more about the Boylston Street Border Restoration here.