UNTOLD STORIES OF THE PUBLIC GARDEN
Join the Friends of the Public Garden for walking tours of Boston’s iconic Public Garden. Learn about the history, sculpture, and horticulture of America’s first public botanical garden by taking a one hour guided tour through this treasured oasis.
2023 TOUR SEASON SCHEDULE
Our 2023 Untold Stories of the Public Garden tour season is just around the corner. Watch this space as we prepare to welcome visitors back for free walking tours in Summer 2023.
Private tours may be scheduled for groups to be held Monday through Friday, 9:00am to 5:00pm, with a required donation to be arranged. Private tours may not be scheduled during the off-season. To inquire about a private tour, please email email@example.com at the Friends office.
Additional questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Public tours are free. No need to sign up prior; just show up!
- Please meet at the Make Way for Ducklings sculpture in the Garden and watch for our volunteer tour guides in green aprons.
- Two volunteer tour guides lead each tour.
- Tours last about 60 minutes.
- Approximately one-half of the Public Garden (from Beacon Street to the bridge) is covered.
- A tour may be cancelled due inclement weather. Please call the office at 617-723-8144 to confirm.
- Please plan for the weather. You may want to bring a hat, sunblock, and water on warm days.