• Manage President’s schedule.
• Send weekly schedule to Board chair.
• Review, organize, and appropriately route written and electronic correspondence.
• Draft correspondence as directed.
• Assist with project planning as directed.
• Assist with Friends advocacy and city relations goals, including issue research and campaign support (e.g., Sunshine model, DEI support, busking).
• Manage and help to post on President’s LinkedIn account
• Attend meetings/webinars to learn about relevant advocacy issues and strategies.
• Assist as necessary with functions that involve the President, particularly in the development and outreach realms.
Board and Committee Support
• Assist the President and Board Chair with scheduling of all Board, Council and committee meetings.
• Prepare materials for all meetings as directed.
• Handle logistics for all meetings and for special functions as directed.
• Prepare for and manage virtual meetings and webinars on Zoom for committees as well as programs (i.e. Members Reception, Annual Meeting); assist as needed with virtual meeting and event preparation
• Coordinate with the respective chairs to ensure that minutes are taken of each committee meeting, attend and take minutes of selected • committee meetings, and maintain all final meeting minutes.
• Maintain current Board, Council and committee lists and circulate as appropriate.
• Maintain current committee charters and Bylaws and circulate as appropriate.
• Assist with research, documentation or compliance needs for Board and committees (e.g., advocacy issues; Shaw Committee and DEI task force)
• Assist the Director of Parks Care & Capital Projects as needed with the three parks committees and the Horticulture and Sculpture Committees.
• Maintain a current contact list for all officials.
Finance and Budget
• Work with Finance Manager to present financials for Finance Committee and Board review.
Annual Meeting Management
• Coordinate the date of the meeting with the availability of the selected venue or set up virtual event through Zoom webinar.
• Handle all catering details, as needed.
• Manage the notification and reply process for the Members.
• Prepare materials for the meeting and exhibit/sale tables as directed.
• Coordinate telephone and receptionist duties with the Development and Communications, Design, & Outreach Associates and any volunteers and interns, ensuring that all provide excellent customer service to all callers and members of the public who visit the office.
• Coordinate daytime front office coverage, ensuring coverage throughout the day.
Provide base technical assistance and open tickets with technical contractors as needed.
• Assist Communications team with Young Friends group planning meetings and events
• Recruit and supervise volunteers, interns and people on teams as needed to assist in carrying out tasks and supporting events not related to development or public programs.
• Obtain estimates for and order office supplies, equipment and office improvements.
• Oversee equipment maintenance needs (telephones, computers, printers, server) and obtain estimates for new equipment as directed.
• Manage small, non-development mailing projects.
• Manage and maintain the server filing system and share its organization with the staff.
• Prepare and file the annual Secretary of State corporate report.
• Oversee the production of materials not related to development or communications and outreach.
• Familiarity with project management software and virtual meeting platform options.
Other Duties as assigned to support Advancement and External Affairs, as well as overall organizational needs.