Duckling Day is a beloved decades old Mother’s Day tradition that supports the care of three historic downtown parks – the Boston Common, Public Garden, and Commonwealth Avenue Mall. This adorable event is based on Robert McCloskey’s children’s classic Make Way for Ducklings.
The day begins at 10:00 a.m. with Playtime on the Common, where families visit sponsored booths and participate in fun family activities including magic, circus games, and play areas. Each child receives a special goody bag filled with toys and sponsor information. At noon, the Mayor kicks off the Duckling Day Parade, led by the Harvard University Marching Band. The parade re-traces the steps of Mrs. Mallard and her eight ducklings in the search for a new home and ends at the Make Way for Ducklings sculptures in the Public Garden. It is a festive and adorable celebration of springtime in Boston!
To learn more about reaching your audience by supporting Duckling Day, please contact Karin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 300-600 families with young children (number depends on weather for this outdoors event)
- 100% bring at least one child 6 and under
- 90% live in Greater Boston
- 30% live in the City of Boston
- Celebrity MC WCVB anchor Rhondella Richardson
- All major local, and often national media outlets
- Top local and national businesses looking for a unique and effective way to connect with young families
We strive to maximize the sponsor experience at Duckling Day while remaining a family-focused event. You won’t be off to the side in a sponsor-only zone, but fully integrated with all the fun and games and performers that make Duckling Day memorable!
We’re a little different from the average event opportunity – in addition to what you usually would have at a table, sponsors are asked to provide a duckling-themed activity, which draws kids to the table long enough for your staff to engage the parents. It makes for a fun and joyful sponsor experience that is a true win-win.
We also have a robust and friendly volunteer team that make it easier for sponsors to focus solely on how to WOW event attendees.
Our goody bag – given to every child in attendance – is carefully curated by parents who have experienced the goody bag circuit and know how to make it a “keeper.”
SOCIAL MEDIA EXPOSURE
- Friends of the Public Garden total social media impressions (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter): 2,424,506 (2022).
- We have a staff member on site at Duckling Day who is 100% devoted to social media – once event day begins, you can count on them to find the most share-worthy content and tag your brand.
All logo and donor recognition inclusion subject to production deadlines.