OPEN DAILY 7:00 AM to 9:00 PM
The Friends provides seasonal public restrooms on Boston Common through a grant from the Harold Whitworth Pierce Charitable Trust.
The restroom trailer is easily accessible for visitors to both Boston Common and the Public Garden. You can find it along MacArthur Mall, halfway between the Charles/Beacon entrance to the Common and the mid-block crossing of Charles Street.
The restroom trailers feature:
- 3 women’s stalls and a sink
- 2 men’s stalls, 3 urinals, and a sink
- 1 ADA restroom with 1 toilet, 1 urinal, and a sink
- Security person on site, in a kiosk next to the unit, during hours of operation
- The restrooms are cleaned every 4 hours while open.
Our restroom trailer is a unique site for public art. For the 2022 season, we are excited to introduce Boston artist Sobek and an original mural depicting the rich history of the Common. Learn more here.