Sunday, May 8, 2022
10:00 am – 12:00 pm
Parkman Bandstand, Boston Common
Thanks for joining us for this year’s Duckling Day celebration and parade on Sunday, May 8th!
A beloved tradition for over 30 years, the event celebrates the children’s classic book Make Way for Ducklings by Robert McCloskey. This year, thousands paraded through Boston’s most picturesque parks, dressed like characters from the story. Led by the Harvard University Marching Band, the parade began in the Boston Common at the Parkman Bandstand and ended in the Public Garden near the famous Make Way for Ducklings sculptures.
Prior to the parade was Playtime on the Common, a vibrant array of family entertainment from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm. Activities included:
· Interactive Circus Games with Esh Circus Arts
· Jenny the Juggler
· Peter O’Malley, magician
· Jump, climb, and play with Knucklebones
· Meet our giant Duck!
· Visit with the Harvard University Band
· Make Way for Ducklings reading station
· A goody bag for every kid – full of Duckling Day-themed items!