OPEN DAILY 7:00 AM to 9:00 PM
The Friends provides seasonal public restrooms on Boston Common through a grant from the Harold Whitworth Pierce Charitable Trust.
The restroom trailer is easily accessible for visitors to both Boston Common and the Public Garden. You can find it along MacArthur Mall, halfway between the Charles/Beacon entrance to the Common and the mid-block crossing of Charles Street.
The restroom trailers feature:
- 3 women’s stalls and a sink
- 2 men’s stalls, 3 urinals, and a sink
- 1 ADA restroom with 1 toilet, 1 urinal, and a sink
- Security person on site, in a kiosk next to the unit, during hours of operation
- The restrooms are cleaned every 4 hours while open.
Our restroom trailer is a unique site for public art. In 2023, we partnered with Boston’s Artists For Humanity so a young artist could create an original work of art to wrap the restroom trailer and kiosk. Artists For Humanity is a place where teens are employed to explore and express their provides creative abilities. We are excited to introduce Angel Koirala, a Boston teen artist who created the original mural titled “Heelo Fool” in her native Nepalese. Learn more here.