Public Garden Guided Walking Tours
“Untold Stories of the Public Garden”
Join the Friends of the Public Garden for walking tours of Boston’s iconic Public Garden. Learn about the history, sculpture, and horticulture of America’s first public botanical garden by taking a guided tour through this treasured oasis.
Tuesday – Thursday at 10:00 a.m. & 4:00 p.m weather permitting
May – September (Last week for tours: Sept. 20-22)
Tours are free. Please meet at the Make Way for Ducklings sculpture and watch for our volunteer docents in green aprons.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Private tours are available based on availability of tour guides.
- Two volunteer docents lead each tour.
- Tours last about 60 minutes.
- Approximately one-half of the Public Garden (from the Beacon Street to the bridge) is covered.
- A tour may be cancelled due inclement weather.
- Please plan for the weather. You may want to bring a hat, sunblock and water on warm days.