Public Garden Guided Walking Tours: Untold Stories of the Public Garden
2017 Tour Season begins in May!
Join the Friends of the Public Garden for walking tours of Boston’s iconic Public Garden. Learn about the history, sculpture, and horticulture of America’s first public botanical garden by taking a guided tour through this treasured oasis.
Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays at 4:00 p.m and Wednesdays at 10:00am, weather permitting
Tours start May 23 and will run through mid-September
Public tours are free. Please meet at the Make Way for Ducklings sculpture and watch for our volunteer docents in green aprons.
- Two volunteer docents lead each tour.
- Tours last about 60 minutes.
- Approximately one-half of the Public Garden (from the Beacon Street to the bridge) is covered.
- A tour may be cancelled due inclement weather.
- Please plan for the weather. You may want to bring a hat, sunblock, and water on warm days.
Private tours are available based on availability of tour guides. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.